[csw-users] Partial install of "pkg-get"

Andrew Chace achace at mediacomcc.com
Wed Nov 21 18:20:27 CET 2007

Hello,

I am trying to install "pkg-get" on a machine running Solaris 10 8/07. I
have used "pkg-get" before, but not with this release of Solaris. When I
try to install the package I receive the following error from "pkgadd":

        Installing pkg_get - CSW version of automated package download
        tool as <CSWpkgget>

        ## Installing part 1 of 1.
        pkgadd: ERROR: unable to open temporary contents file image
            (errno 11: Resource temporarily unavailable)

        Installation of <CSWpkgget> failed (internal error) - package
        partially installed.

Stuff that I've checked so far:
        1. Sufficient free space on disk in temp directories and "/opt".
        2. Remove package, and download/install it again.
        	a. remove fails because package is partially installed.
        3. Manually remove package directory from "/var/sadm/pkg".
        	a. "pkgadd" no longer thinks the package is installed, but the
        reinstall fails with the same error.

To me this looks like a problem with "pkgadd", but I have not been able
to find anything on the web about how to resolve this. Pointers to
relevant documentation or other mailing lists are appreciated...

Thank you,
-Andrew