[csw-users] CSW packages with Zones (eg. postfix)

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Mon Oct 1 15:54:01 CEST 2007

Hello.

I just installed CSWpostfix in the global zone of a Solaris 10 U4
system. Because I just ran "pkg-get -i postfix", the package also
got installed in the non-global zones installed on this system.
This is fine and wanted.

There is, however, a problem: The non-global zones have /opt/csw
added as an "inherited-pkg-dir". This means, that they "inherit"
/opt/csw from the global zone and that it shows up as a read-only
directory in the non-global zone. Because of that, it's not possible
to configure the package, as the configuration has to be done in
/opt/csw/etc (/opt/csw/etc/postfix, in this case). But as that's
a read-only directory, the package cannot be configured in the
non-global zone.

How do you guys solve this problem, usually? For postfix, the
solution might be to modify /etc/init.d/cswpostfix (BTW: does
anyone have a SMF manifest at hand?) and change the start) section
to be: "${DAEMON} -c /etc/opt/csw/postfix start", or something
like this.

But in general, wouldn't it be better, if the configuration
would always reside in /etc/opt/csw?

Bet regards,

Alexander Skwar