[csw-users] about the path name

Binod binod3 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:35:28 CEST 2007

Sorry for deplayed response, and thanks george for your help.

I realized that once I set /opt/csw/bin in the very front of my path then
all of my svn commands worked fine.

Previously I had installed svn in /usr/local/bin which i got from
sunfreeware. I removed it from there and, therefore, previously when I ran
svn command it was trying to take svn command from that path.

It was in this format when it didnot work:

-bash-3.00$ echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/opt/csw/bin

Now it is in this format and my svn commands just work fine:

-bash-3.00$ echo $PATH
/opt/csw/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:

But my question now would be is there anyway possible for me to still keep
/opt/csw/bin at the end of my PATH and still make my svn command work ?

Any help would be appreciated and if this is wrong place to post this
question any direction to the right place would also be a great help.

Thanks,