[csw-users] amarok questions

Jonathan Wheeler jwheeler at blastwave.org
Sat Oct 6 12:13:38 CEST 2007

Gérard Henry wrote:
> hello all,
Hi Gerard,

> im' using amarok from blastwave.
> Why amarok isn't in /opt/csw/bin, and only in /opt/csw/kde-gcc/bin?
That's a KDE thing. It _really_ wants to be in there at runtime, and
since it is a KDE project, it makes sense to have it in there.

> Then, when i play songs in a playlist, at the end of each song, there is
> a widow appearing with message:
> "The script 'Default' exited with code: 127
> Details
> /usr/bin/env: No such file or directory
> "
>
> Anybody know what is missing, here?

Amarok does some funny things if it's not in your path. Can you check
your path to make sure that /opt/csw/kde-gcc/bin is included. If it's
not and you don't really want it to be, you can always write a little
wrapper script to append the path, something like this:

#!/bin/bash
export PATH=$PATH:/opt/csw/kde-gcc/bin
amarok

> I gave a look into /opt/csw/kde-gcc/share/apps/amarok/, but don't find a
> file "Default"?
> A recursive grep in these files show me that there are scripts that
> begin with:
> ..:#!/usr/bin/env python
> or
> .. env ruby
> and ruby and python are correctly installed.
Well that's a good start :)

> Thanks in advance,
>
> gerard

Jonathan