[csw-users] Other OpenOffice 2.2.0 questions

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Mon Oct 8 21:11:32 CEST 2007

James Lee <james at blastwave.org> writes:

>On 07/10/07, 23:37:05, Jeffery Small <jeff at cjsa.com> wrote regarding
>[csw-users] Other OpenOffice 2.2.0 questions:

>> 3:  I find it difficult to align tabs in OpenOffice because the
>> resolution of tab placement is so fine.  Is there a way to set the
>> rounding for tab placement (say 1/20th of an inch) so that it is easier
>> and more predictable to get these aligned?

>Are you editing the tabs as numbers in the paragraphs properties?  Here
>you can give the exact numbers.

No, I'm dragging the tabs along the ruler and placing them manually.  I
would like them to "snap" into place much as they do in MS Word.  But I
find that the current resolution for tab placement is so fine grained that
I cannot easily get tabs to align with tabs on other lines.  I get close,
but it is hard to get them exactly aligned.

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040