[csw-users] Firefox Solaris8 failure

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Tue Oct 9 17:05:04 CEST 2007

On 09/10/07, 15:08:32, George Wyche <gw at citasystems.com> wrote regarding
Re: [csw-users] Firefox Solaris8 failure:

> Thanks for the pointerss (and thanks for not stopping as soon as you saw
>  >ls.so.1
>    ^ instead of ld

It was easy to not stop - I didn't notice!

> You went the extra mile changing your visual and yanking the ethernet
> cable.

Easy to do, it's the Solaris 8 test machine used for stable pass-off,
it was sitting waiting to do such a test.

> Next time I will build a script to check all involved libraries using nm.
> How did you knew to look in libCrun?

Oh that's easy too, I simply memorise all the library symbol tables.

The truth must be closer to that than I should admit, it just looked
as if it belonged to libCrun.  I wouldn't have bet my life on it but
I did look there first.  A large number of errors are caused by a
small number of reasons, this was one of them.  Start with the usual
suspects.

James.