[csw-users] Problem with OpenOffice 2.2.0

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Tue Oct 9 21:43:12 CEST 2007

On 09/10/07, 20:08:20, Jeffery Small <jeff at cjsa.com> wrote regarding Re:
[csw-users] Problem with OpenOffice 2.2.0:

> So I deleted the entire entry for the [ps] printer, restarted spadmin and
> it still reports my three printers from lpadmin (ps, hpgl and hp755) and
> shows all of them as CUPS drivers.  Apparently the way this OO package is
> compiled up, it doesn't understand the lpadmin system and treats it as
> CUPS.  I would look in the code and see if there is a switch to add
> support for lpadmin.

> As I said previously, I have been using the OO implementation from the
> OpenOffice.org site without problems and only decided to try the
> blastwave package after upgrading to Solaris 10.  So there must be a
> method of configuring the software to support lpadmin.  (Unless there
> is something screwy with Solaris 10 vs. Solaris 9!)

What does file:
    ~/.padminrc
say?  Try deleting it.  This sounds like some muddle with the saved
user data, as you have had previous installations try starting fresh
Move the old data to a safe location and try again.

$ mv ~/.openoffice.org2 ~/save.openoffice.org2

I supposed it's best to check that there is not StarOffice's spadmin
being picked up? (Does with S10 come with it if you install the lot??)

$ /opt/csw/bin/spadmin
OR
$ /opt/csw/OpenOffice.org/program/spadmin

James.