[csw-users] MPlayer - Testing and Unstable

Jonathan Wheeler jwheeler at blastwave.org
Wed Oct 17 13:24:42 CEST 2007

Uwe Dippel wrote:
> On 10/16/07, Jonathan Wheeler <jwheeler at blastwave.org> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> Jonathan,
>
> in case you're at it, could you try to enable fontconfig ?
> I can't get any OSD up ('o'), and any font I throw at it is handled with
> "... doesn't look like a bitmap font description, ignoring."

I think I've gone and traded one problem for another.

 From what I've been able to work out so far, the gnu iconv doesn't
handle the C locale conversion properly on Solaris. The fix for the
iconv errors was to 'disable' iconv, which is to say - use the version
bundled into the solaris glibc instead, and --disable-iconv.

Great, I built the package that you've tested, and sure enough the iconv
errors go away.
However, looking at the ./configure scrolling on by, we now have a new
issue:
Checking for bitmap font support ... yes
Checking for freetype >= 2.0.9 ... no (iconv support needed)
Checking for fontconfig ... no (freetype support needed)
Checking for SSA/ASS support ... no (FreeType support needed)

Hmm.

I'll keep at it!

Jonathan