[csw-users] coming from Sunfreeware to blastwave -- need a hand

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Fri Oct 26 21:40:05 CEST 2007

>> On 10/26/07, Jeff MacDonald <jeff at interchange.ca> wrote:
>>> Also if i do a pkg-get -U , it tries to get updates from sunfreeware,
>>> not blastwave.
>>
>> Jeff,
>>
>> Can you post the output from 'pkg-get -U', as well as 'pkginfo -x
>> CSWpkgget'?
>>
>> -  C.
>
> Actually I think I figured it out.. sorta. It's a path issue. But I
> still don't understand it.
>
> sandbox# which pkg-get
> /opt/csw/bin//pkg-get
>
> If i run
>    pkg-get -U
>
> it downloads updates from sunfreeware.com

I have no idea where you are getting pkg-get from or what is in your
pkg-get.conf file but pkg-get will always go ( by default ) to whereever
your pkg-get.conf file says to go. Sort of like ntp will get time data from
ntp servers that you put in the ntp.conf file.  So maybe it would be best to
do a serch to find any and all pkg-get.conf files that you have as well as
any and all pkg-get binaries/scripts that you have and then clean up this
situation.

Dennis