[csw-users] Why support Solaris 8 onwards?

Ihsan Dogan ihsan at blastwave.org
Mon Sep 17 22:33:50 CEST 2007

on 17.09.2007 17:30 Ben Taylor said the following:

>>> You can't even put Solaris 8 on a new large server.  Who are you kidding?
>>  I can install Solaris 8 into a V490 just fine.
> You can't buy a new V490 that runs Solaris 8.

You can't buy a V490 from Sun anymore, that's true. As long as you are
not UBS you can buy hardware from Sun and you have to stick resellers.
Those companies have still a huge stock with the old hardware.

http://www.abacuscity.ch/abashop?s=456&p=productdetail&sku=30637

Ihsan

--
ihsan at dogan.ch		http://blog.dogan.ch/