[csw-users] Why support Solaris 8 onwards?

Ian Dickinson iand at blastwave.org
Tue Sep 18 02:44:00 CEST 2007

Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
> Blastwave should support its users, not Sun. Though they often
> correlate, that is not always the case.

Here, here!

Most blastwave packages are not a major issue to compile/support for Solaris
8, and most app maintainers are happy to accept well-formed patches in support
of that.  pkg-get can cope with the few exceptions if need be.

So what's the issue here?  Should we drop support for Solaris 8 because the
existing packages work on Solaris 8, 9 *and* 10?  "Not yet" is the answer I see.

Ian