[csw-users] Why support Solaris 8 onwards?

Stefan Teleman stefan.teleman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 16:40:00 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 04:49, James Lee wrote:

> > Ridiculous.  Lots of wasted effort for a minority too scared,
> > cheap, lazy, bothered, or skilled to move off an obsolete
> > platform.
>
> Thank you for your vote of confidence in my ability.  Let me guess,
> you don't work in the Public Relations Department of Sun.

No, he doesn't. If you want to talk to someone in the PR Department at
Sun, why don't you give them a call and chat them up.

Here's the hard truth about your current abilities insofar as Solaris
10 is concerned (i don't work in the Public Relations Department at
Sun either):

If you were a MS Windows shop, you would be developing on Windows
2000. If you were a Mac shop, you would be developing on Mac OS 9.

In either case, at this point in time your company would be out of
business, and you would be out of a job, with zero prospects of
finding a new job, because your skills and domain knowledge are 7
years out of date.

--Stefan

--
Stefan Teleman			'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition'
KDE e.V.						-Monty Python
stefan.teleman at gmail.com