[csw-users] Why support Solaris 8 onwards?

Stefan Teleman stefan.teleman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 18:09:13 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 12:03, James Lee wrote:
> On 19/09/07, 16:21:15, Stefan Teleman <stefan.teleman at gmail.com>
> wrote
>
> regarding Re: [csw-users] Why support Solaris 8 onwards?:
> > > I trust they would not be so insulting.
> >
> > You should not feel insulted just because someone calls you on
> > your apparent unwillingness to learn something new. This might
> > happen to you in a job interview. It probably will.
>
> I use Solaris 10.

Good for you. Have a cookie.

> Perhaps I'm disappointed that my reasons have not been listen to:
> that there is no profit in implement something new for the sake of
> it, because "it's advanced" or "runs on USIV+" when I don't have
> USIV+.

Get one.

> And still works.  Sun is at fault for not making it rubbish
> in the first place.

SunOS 4.2 still works too.

> I am constantly learning new things, what part of "it costs me
> money" did you not hear?

I can't hear you. You are typing on your keyboard, and you are not in
the same room as i am. I can't hear the clicking of your keyboard
from here.

> Can we get back to how Solaris 8 support affects Solaris 10?
> The 2 reasons Ben Taylor gave being void, any others?

I'm not interested in support. I don't answer phones listening to user
complaints for a living.

Your Voiding Powers make me shake in fear.

--
Stefan Teleman			'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition'
KDE e.V.						-Monty Python
stefan.teleman at gmail.com