[csw-users] Why support Solaris 8 onwards?

Stefan Teleman stefan.teleman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 18:40:51 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 12:46, Donal McMullan wrote:
> On 20 Sep 2007, at 03:50, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 September 2007 12:00, Donal McMullan wrote:
> >> If you want to spend your time replacing battle hardened, proven
> >> solutions with the shiniest new thing (in other words, fixing
> >> things that aren't broken) it's probably because you're too
> >> young to appreciate how precious a commodity time is.
> >
> > You should not make assumptions either about my age, or my
> > experience.
>
> A careful reader would note that I made neither; I consider ad
> hominem attacks to be beneath me :P

Good to know. Now you should set an example, and do as you say, and
not as you do.

> > You seem not to have the time, or interest, in keeping up with
> > the evolving demands of your profession. I think you have a
> > problem.
>
> I see.
>
> I think you didn't touch on "fixing things that aren't broken" -
> the only substantial point I made - because it's transparently
> correct.

Truisms are, generally, transparently correct. They aren't necessarily
useful.

Solaris 8 is EOF. This fact alone makes Blastwave's development model
inherently broken.

Not to mention the fact that software product development is,
generally, never based on the principle of "if it ain't broken don't
fix it". Although this explains a lot.

--
Stefan Teleman			'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition'
KDE e.V.						-Monty Python
stefan.teleman at gmail.com