[csw-users] Dependency management

Paul Gress pgress at optonline.net
Thu Sep 20 05:56:26 CEST 2007

Dennis Clarke wrote:
> We can at least discuss possible solutions.
>

> -
> Dennis Clarke

Here's two suggestions from me.

Use the libraries from OpenSolaris.  Since it's open source there should
be no problem.  For Solaris 8-9 and possibly 10, but not 11, OpenSolaris
libs would be in /opt/csw.  If your downloading software for Solaris 11,
you already have the libs in /usr/lib.  So Solaris 11 wouldn't bloat
that much.  Solaris 10 slightly and more for each older version.

My other suggestion is, use different install scripts for differnent
versions of Solaris.  Basically it would just scan for installed
libraries, and not duplicate them.

Maybe a combo of both would suffice.

Paul