[csw-users] about the path name

Binod binod3 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 16:21:17 CEST 2007

Hi I installed subversion from blastwave couple days ago and every thing is
working fine. Its in sparc 10 x64.

My path currently is

-bash-3.00$ echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/opt/csw/bin

but when I type svn I can't get it work.

-bash-3.00$ svn
-bash: svn: command not found

But when I go to

cd /opt/csw/bin and then do ./svn It works fine.

I went ahead and added that /opt/csw/bin (which is a global path to my local
user .profile file then svn commands just work fine)

What is going wrong here ? Can anyone help me out?

I think if /opt/csw/bin is in global path it should be able to run from
anywhere without needing to provide detail in local.profile file , isn't
thats how it works?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

 I kept /opt/csw/bin in my PATH variable in .profile file it works fine.
Should I put anything else in path to make it work.