[csw-users] pkg-get v4.0 release

Brian Gupta brian.gupta at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 18:20:19 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Paul Lanken <lanken.paul at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
>> Hello, CSW users!
>>
>> I'm happy to announce that pkg-get v4.0, is finally being released as
>
> the word around town is that you can't be trusted, your software is
> just as bad.  you're a scumbag.
> The real community people are going with pkgutil which is released
> under the GPL license and at this point you have done anough damage to
> your name and your character that you should crawl back into the hole
> you came from and just stay there.
>
>  pk-get and pbrown and the blatic online liers
>
> not to be trusted. end of story.

There is a saying: "If you can't say something nice, don't say
anything at all." (Or at at least offer constructive criticism.)

That said, I am glad to see work on pkg-get continuing and wish the
project the best of luck. (Actually I wish both projects luck as they
seem to target different demographics. It's quite unfortunate that the
split could not have been done more amicably.)

-Brian

--
- Brian Gupta

http://opensolaris.org/os/project/nycosug/