[csw-users] A Couple Questions

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Thu Feb 21 17:55:51 CET 2008

> I am a programmer for a small college, and have recently started
> experimenting with Blastwave.
>
> I have a couple questions:
>
> Does a Blastwave package installation create a log file when it
> installs a package, and if so, where it is located.

The software is all compliant with the well established SVR4 UNIX standards
and therefore it works very well with full file logging. Every file or
directory touched or created is logged into /var/sadm/install/contents along
with all files in the entire system.

So you may not be hapy with trying to read that file. It is large and very
very detailed.

For any given package you can use the standard software tracking tools built
into Solaris.  Try the following to see a really detailed report on what is
in a given package :

pkgchk -l CSWfoo

That may be overwhelming also.

So try this :

pkgchk -l CSWfoo | grep Pathname | cut -f2 -d\:

> Also, is there a procedure in place to remove a package installed
> using Blastwave?  If so, what is it?

Again, the standard tools here are your friend.  Please learn the standards
because they will always work.  Use pkgrm CSWfoo to remove any package
cleanly. Be careful because pkgrm will also remove any package in the
machine if you ask it too.

Dennis