[csw-users] A Couple Questions

Alessio a.cervellin at acm.org
Thu Feb 21 18:03:14 CET 2008

Douglas S. Davis wrote:
> I am a programmer for a small college, and have recently started
> experimenting with Blastwave.
>
> I have a couple questions:
>
> Does a Blastwave package installation create a log file when it
> installs a package, and if so, where it is located.

Blastwave's pkg-get is just a wrapper on Solaris' pkgadd tool, so
there's not a specific log file.
you can take a look at system files located under /var/sadm/...

> Also, is there a procedure in place to remove a package installed
> using Blastwave?  If so, what is it?

"pkg-get -r packagename", which is the same of "pkgrm packagename".
there's no way to recursively delete all the dependencies of a package
you are removing.