[csw-users] Self-inflicted sendmail problem?

David Mackintosh David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Thu Jan 3 18:24:01 CET 2008

Hi folks,

I'm having a problem installing CSWsendmail, and can't figure out how
to dig myself out of this hole I've dug.

I'm running Solaris 9 on a v210.  My blastwave install is about 18
months old, but I do the pkg-get upgrade all; it was last done about
a week ago.

I think where I messed up was that I did not uninstall the Sun
packages before I attempted to install the blastwave one.  I have
since uninstalled the Sun sendmail packages, and now I'm in this
state.

The install ticks along for a while, then announces:

## Executing checkinstall script.
## Processing package information.
## Processing system information.
5 package pathnames are already properly installed.

Installing sendmail - Sendmail MTA as <CSWsendmail>

## Executing preinstall script.
adding smmsp group
adding smmsp user
chroot: No such file or directory
pkgadd: ERROR: preinstall script did not complete successfully

Installation of <CSWsendmail> failed.
ERROR: could not add CSWsendmail.

On the advice of the #blastwave IRC channel, I removed the smmsp user
and groups; this is why they are being created, above.

Does anyone have a link to a web page that might help me figure
out how to get me out of this hole?

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh |