[csw-users] pkg_get 3.8.3 unstable:

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Tue Jan 8 15:24:46 CET 2008

> Yepp... superfluous newline in /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get
>
> ---snip ---
> # diff /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get-right /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get-wrong
> 1993c1993,1994
> < # Unless the conf file tells us to use another program, that is.
> ---
>> # Un
>> less the conf file tells us to use another program, that is.
> ---snip ---
>
> I assume that has to do something with the last update of wget that bailed
> out with deinstalling wget before wgetting the dependent packages...
>
> have a lot fun

Exactly!   You are very insightful to see that coming.  Phil and I were
talking on the weekend about the update to openssl packages as well as
openssh. I had been running those updates internally for some time and all
was well with them. We also re-packaged wget :

    http://www.blastwave.org/packages.php/wget

This respin of wget was to remove a dependency on the openssl metapackage
and to put in a dependency on openssl_rt which is where the libs really are.
This means that during testing the pkg-get script would pull its legs out
from under itself with the removal of wget.

 That explains the respin of pkg-get.

Now then, I am working on a procedure to control this sort of thing in the
future.  It is 2008 now and we are well past the "getting started" stages.

Dennis Clarke