[csw-users] NetSnmp

Ian Dickinson iand at blastwave.org
Tue Jan 29 12:58:55 CET 2008

Hi,

When the new netsnmp is packaged (coming soon) it will conform to the same
method as the existing package, which does not install startup scripts.

In a future release, I will repackage it to split out the agent and trap
listeners to different packages, since not everyone wants these i.e. it's
quite common to only want the commands and libraries, and have no services
running.  At this point, I'll make it create the startup scripts in line with
blastwave guidelines.

In the meantime, I'm afraid you'll have to make your own.

Ian