[csw-users] ruby updates?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at blastwave.org
Fri Jul 11 21:42:56 CEST 2008

Hi Ben,

Am 11.07.2008 um 15:11 schrieb Ben Walton:
> Excerpts from Peter Bonivart's message of Thu Jul 10 16:01:51 -0400
> 2008:
>> Ruby is not actively maintained. Would you like to take over the
>> package? It's often easier to build within Blastwave than locally and
>> everyone can benefit. That's how I  think when I need something.
>
> Well, that's a good point and I'm willing to give it a shot.  I'll hit
> the NM and simple package docs and see what I can put together.  If
> the
> developer support is as good (and quick) as the user support, I
> shouldn't have any problems! :)

There is already a high-quality package build description at
   http://svn.blastwave.org/csw/trunk/lang/ruby
Unfortunately the server is currently down for maintenance
but will be available shortly. The build description is
done with GAR, you'll find tutorials for the build system
on the server too. I'll post a link when the server is
up again.