[csw-users] ruby updates?

Ben Walton bwalton at artsci.utoronto.ca
Fri Jul 11 22:01:52 CEST 2008

Excerpts from Dagobert Michelsen's message of Fri Jul 11 15:42:56 -0400 2008:
Hi Dago,

> There is already a high-quality package build description at
>    http://svn.blastwave.org/csw/trunk/lang/ruby
> Unfortunately the server is currently down for maintenance
> but will be available shortly. The build description is
> done with GAR, you'll find tutorials for the build system
> on the server too. I'll post a link when the server is
> up again.

Ok, I'll check that out.  I've spent my (spare) cycles today builing a
package using the docs available and have had decent success.  My
current issues (that I'm aware of) are that I end up depending on some
in house packages left around from years ago (this is a sol8 system that
I'm building on presently).  I either need to pull in some extra
blastwave packages to supercede these local (and very stale) versions or
alter a LIBPATH variable somewhere in a makefile to have the /opt/csw
versions take precedence.

Otherwise, for my first crack at building a proper package on solaris,
I'm in good shape, I think.

All of the docs reference logging into a build farm...Is this something
I'd be able to do also?

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.