[csw-users] ruby updates?

Dennis Clarke blastwave at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 22:30:23 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at blastwave.org> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Am 11.07.2008 um 22:01 schrieb Ben Walton:
>>
>> Excerpts from Dagobert Michelsen's message of Fri Jul 11 15:42:56 -0400
>> 2008:
>>>
>>> There is already a high-quality package build description at
>>>   http://svn.blastwave.org/csw/trunk/lang/ruby
>
> The package is actually at
>  <http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/browser/csw/trunk/lang/ruby>
> Sorry.
>
>>> Unfortunately the server is currently down for maintenance
>>> but will be available shortly. The build description is
>>> done with GAR, you'll find tutorials for the build system
>>> on the server too. I'll post a link when the server is
>>> up again.
>
> Thanks to Dennis the issue seems to be resolved now. Thanks
> Dennis! :-)
>
>> Ok, I'll check that out.  I've spent my (spare) cycles today builing a
>> package using the docs available and have had decent success.  My
>> current issues (that I'm aware of) are that I end up depending on some
>> in house packages left around from years ago (this is a sol8 system that
>> I'm building on presently).  I either need to pull in some extra
>> blastwave packages to supercede these local (and very stale) versions or
>> alter a LIBPATH variable somewhere in a makefile to have the /opt/csw
>> versions take precedence.
>
> GAR usually takes care of this automatically. You can find
> introductory documents at
>  <http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/wiki>
> especially
>  <http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/wiki/GettingStarted>
>  <http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/wiki/GarTutorial>
> The tutorial is not finished yet, any feedback on the
> documentation is welcome :-)
>
>> Otherwise, for my first crack at building a proper package on solaris,
>> I'm in good shape, I think.
>>
>> All of the docs reference logging into a build farm...Is this something
>> I'd be able to do also?
>
> Yes. I'll cc'ed Phil to process your official maintainer
> signup.

I'm waaay behind on a few things but I just added a new Solaris 8
build server for Sparc with double the RAM and faster everything. I
also have a pile of other systems to add .. and have not gotten to it
yet.

like this monster : 16 way AMD Opteron
http://www.blastwave.org/dclarke/blog/images/x4440_on_box.jpeg

of course that is for Solaris 10 only ...

Dennis