[csw-users] D-Bus issues in the stable branch

Laurent Blume laurent at opensolaris.org
Mon Jun 23 17:42:31 CEST 2008

Alessio Cervellin a écrit :
>> read machine uuid: Failed to open "/opt/csw/var/lib/dbus/machine-id":
> No
>
> it was a known bug of the pkg (alreday fixed in unstable i guess).
> you can fix it this way:
> - if a file named /var/lib/dbus/machine-id
> exists in you machine, symlink it to /opt/csw/var/lib/dbus/machine-id
> -
> if it does not exist, create it using /opt/csw/bin/dbus-uuidgen

Thanks a lot, this helps me find that CSWdbus was actually missing. I
had just moved from unstable to stable, because there were some very
annoying issues with glib 2.16, and it seems that in the process of
reverting some packages to older versions, I lost dbus.

Unstable is really a mess those days, I got issues with that branch far
too often. After opening bugs, I was told to just use stable to fix them.

Laurent
--
/ Leader de Projet & Communauté    | I'm working, but not speaking for
\ G11N   http://fr.opensolaris.org | Bull Services http://www.bull.com