[csw-users] bug in CSWphp5 ?

Jan Chaloupecky chaljan at gmail.com
Fri May 30 11:04:45 CEST 2008

Hello Blastwave users,
I'm writing this email because I'd like you to confirm me a possible
bug in the CSWphp5 package. This package contains the "pear" script to
manage the PHP Pear packages http://pear.php.net/  but the PEAR
installation seems to be broken since any "pear" operation complains
about a missing Graph.php file. This file is a part of the
Structure_Graph package http://pear.php.net/package/Structures_Graph
and it should be present. Even if I try to install this package from a
file system it fails:

root at vm:tmp$ /opt/csw/php5/bin/pear install Structures_Graph-1.0.2.tgz
Warning: PEAR_Downloader::require_once(Structures/Graph.php): failed
to open stream: No such file or directory in PEAR/Downloader.php on
line 1225
PHP Warning:  PEAR_Downloader::require_once(Structures/Graph.php):
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
/opt/csw/php5/lib/php/PEAR/Downloader.php on line 1225
PHP Fatal error:  PEAR_Downloader::require_once(): Failed opening
required 'Structures/Graph.php' (include_path='/opt/csw/php5/lib/php')
in /opt/csw/php5/lib/php/PEAR/Downloader.php on line 1225

I talked about this in the #pear IRC channel and I was told that if
the Structure package is missing the installation is likely broken.
The quick solution I use is just to unpack the Structure directory
from the Structures_Graph-1.0.2.tgz to the php include path
(include_path='/opt/csw/php5/lib/php') which fixes the issue but it's
not really a clean solution.

Do you confirm this misconfiguration ?

Regards,
Jan C.