[csw-users] blastwave forked?

STAN ROGERS srogers5790 at rogers.com
Wed Sep 10 20:52:44 CEST 2008

--- On Tue, 9/9/08, Willie <tumbleweed at fastmail.net> wrote:
From: Willie <tumbleweed at fastmail.net>
Subject: Re: [csw-users] blastwave forked?
To: "questions and discussions" <users at lists.opencsw.org>

Thanks Dago,

> Neutral?:
> - <http://www.c0t0d0s0.org/archives/4691-KindergartenBlastwave.html>

Neutral? Well since you're not American I can attribute this to a finely
honed sense of irony. I found the superior, judgemental tone almost
offensive.

> Please judge for yourself who you believe.

There's the rub. I don't know any of these people well enough to make
call on personal integrity, but regardless of what direction anyone
feels solaris open software development should take, the sequence of
events recently outlined by Dennis Clarke can only be described as theft
- a particularly odious theft, concurrent with deceit and relying for
its success on the trust of a long standing colleague. If these comments
are true someone needs his balls chewing off. Yes, there are two sides
to every story - you pays your money and you takes your choice as we say
here in blighty, but after what I've read so far over the past couple of
hours I'll be surprised if my choice is to stick around here.

Bye for now.

Willie

I have to agree
After reading several posts on this whole scenario,
my views are this is the equivalent of smash & grab
style looting of an established site. A site years
in the making.
Shame on Baltic Online & CND AG for being involved
in this practice. I would doubt their client base would
be impressed by their dubious tactics.

Stash