[csw-users] blastwave forked?

Willie tumbleweed at fastmail.net
Thu Sep 11 22:06:28 CEST 2008

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:38:43 +0200, "Laurent Blume"
<laurent at opensolaris.org> said:
> Javier Augusto a écrit :
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > Why don't we relax and work together for quality packages for Solaris 8,9,10.
> > After all, that's the only thing we can do ;-)
> >

> > Peace,
> >
> > Javier
>
> And is the only thing I'm interested in as well! :-)

That's the only thing you're interested in. Really? Nothing else?

Do you buy slightly used cell phones and notebook computers from rarely
seen customers in backstreet Parisian bars at remarkable knock-down
prices? Ok - a tenuous association, but not entirely off the mark. How
low does someone have to sink before your sense of right and wrong,
assuming you have one, overtakes your sense of "self"?

I find it interesting that Phil Brown makes little attempt to refute
Dennis Clarke's allegations. His seems more of an effort to justify
events. To some degree I can see his point, since Dennis certainly
doesn't own all that software on the blastwave servers. Or does he? I
may be missing something crucial here; is/was the software served from
blastwave.org open source or not? If so, surely it shouldn't even have
been possible for Dennis to hold jurisdiction over the resource.

Regardless of the answer, the way Phil went about things leaves a stench
I can't ignore. With regard to the misappropriation of the blastwave gpg
key, this maillist, and hacking of the DNS boxes, I'd have no problem
seeing him behind bars. How old are you anyway, Phil?

I maintain that it's a sorry state of affairs when such clearly
brilliant people can't muster enough civility to resolve a situation
before it disrupts the lives of so many others, even if it means going
their separate ways in an amicable fashion.