[csw-users] Berkeley DB 4.7 vs. 4.4 issue

PETRY, MARSHA marsha.petry at hp.com
Tue Aug 25 08:12:20 CEST 2009

This might be a variation of the "Berkeley DB in Flux" discussion...

I updated the trac and svn packages using pkgutil, and now have a corrupt BDB when I try to use svn.

svn: Berkeley DB error for filesystem '/cust/repo/db' while opening environment:
svn: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
svn: bdb: Ignoring log file: /cust/repo/db/log.0000000918: magic number 88090400, not 40988
svn: bdb: Invalid log file: log.0000000918: Invalid argument
svn: bdb: PANIC: Invalid argument
svn: bdb: unable to join the environment

The resolution on the Oracle site says that I need to db_recover using the old BDB copy (4.4) --- that is now pointing to the new 4.7 copy and so I've lost the ability to run db_recover using the older version.  Is that correct? or is there a way to get that back?

Am I right in thinking I'll need to download/compile a personal "home directory" version of 4.4 and run the recover using that?  I do not see an easy way to re-create the old versions.

Any help would be much appreciated... I'm looking at a long process.  I don't think we even use gcc on this box and so I have lots of downloads to get.

Thanks
Marsha