[csw-users] Where can I find previous versions of packages from current?

Tim Edwards tedwards at it.dcs.ch
Tue Aug 25 15:56:51 CEST 2009

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Tim Edwards<tedwards at it.dcs.ch> wrote:
>> Up until today I was deploying syslog_ng across our organisation's main
>> servers. Unfortunately this morning when I tried to finish off the last
>> few machines, of which one happens to be Solaris 9, I found that the
>> syslog-ng package has been changed and is no longer installable on
>> Solaris 9 - http://www.opencsw.org/bugtrack/view.php?id=3869
>
> I've put an updated syslog-ng package into testing:
> http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing.html
>
> You can try and see if it works for you.
>
> Maciej

Thanks for the quick response but unfortunately no luck with this
version either:

bash-2.05# pkgadd -d
./syslog_ng-3.0.4,REV\=2009.08.25-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg

The following packages are available:
  1  CSWsyslogng     syslog_ng - A powerful syslogd replacement
                     (sparc) 3.0.4,REV=2009.08.25

Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process
all packages). (default: all) [?,??,q]: a

Processing package instance <CSWsyslogng> from
</etc/rcS.d/syslog_ng-3.0.4,REV=2009.08.25-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg>

syslog_ng - A powerful syslogd replacement
(sparc) 3.0.4,REV=2009.08.25
Please see /opt/csw/share/doc/syslog_ng/license for license information.
## Processing package information.
## Processing system information.
   3 package pathnames are already properly installed.
## Verifying package dependencies.
## Verifying disk space requirements.
## Checking for conflicts with packages already installed.
## Checking for setuid/setgid programs.

This package contains scripts which will be executed with super-user
permission during the process of installing this package.

Do you want to continue with the installation of <CSWsyslogng> [y,n,?] y

Installing syslog_ng - A powerful syslogd replacement as <CSWsyslogng>

## Executing preinstall script.
Disabling svc:/system/system-log:default
/var/sadm/pkg/CSWsyslogng/install/preinstall: svcadm: not found
pkgadd: ERROR: preinstall script did not complete successfully

Installation of <CSWsyslogng> failed.