[csw-users] Where can I find previous versions of packages from current?

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Aug 30 11:09:16 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Tim Edwards<tedwards at it.dcs.ch> wrote:
> bash-2.05# pkgadd -d
> ./syslog_ng-3.0.4,REV\=2009.08.25-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg
> ## Executing preinstall script.
> Disabling svc:/system/system-log:default
> /var/sadm/pkg/CSWsyslogng/install/preinstall: svcadm: not found
> pkgadd: ERROR: preinstall script did not complete successfully
>
> Installation of <CSWsyslogng> failed.

Hi Tim,

When you have the broken package installed, you need to take
additional steps to remove it first.

I've updated the issue: http://www.opencsw.org/bugtrack/view.php?id=3869

sudo rm /var/sadm/pkg/CSWsyslogng/install/postremove
sudo touch /etc/opt/csw/syslog-ng.conf.CSW
sudo pkgrm CSWsyslogng
sudo rm /etc/opt/csw/syslog-ng.conf.CSW

Once the old one is removed, the new one can be installed. It's in testing now:

http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/syslog_ng-3.0.4,REV=2009.08.30-SunOS5.8-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/syslog_ng-3.0.4,REV=2009.08.30-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz

Maciej