[csw-users] problem with cswbittorrent

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 1 15:30:34 CEST 2009

On 01/07/09, 13:11:53, Gerard Henry <ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr> wrote
regarding Re: [csw-users] problem with cswbittorrent:

> >> and i got errors:
> >> w2100-henry% /opt/csw/bin/btdownloadcurses
> >> http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/CentOS/5.3/isos/x86_64/CentOS-5.3-x86_64-bin
> >> -D VD.torrent
> >> ('Error reading .torrent file: ', "[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> >> 'http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/CentOS/5.3/isos/x86_64/CentOS-5.3-x86_64-bi
> >> n- DVD.torrent'")
> >
> > I suggest it's the mirror:
> >
> i'm not agree:
> w2100-henry% /opt/csw/bin/btdownloadcurses

http://mirror.in2p3.fr/linux/CentOS/5.3/isos/x86_64/CentOS-5.3-x86_64-bi
n-1to7.torrent
> ('Error reading .torrent file: ', "[Errno 2] No such file or directory:

'http://mirror.in2p3.fr/linux/CentOS/5.3/isos/x86_64/CentOS-5.3-x86_64-b
in-1to7.torrent'")

I agree with this, btdownloadcurses does not work.  An extraordinary
coincidence the first file reported as not there actually isn't there.
I've just checked again and it's still not there.

> > I have successfully used the CSWbittorrent but preferred Azureus, I
> > made a 2.5 CSWazureus package if anyone is interested.  Azureus is
> > now Vuze and version 4.X and I haven't kept up.

> why not in repository?

As I said, it's moved on and I haven't kept up.  I prefer 2.X as it seems
more focused on torrents with less of the features I don't want.  2.5
didn't stop working just because 3.0 was introduced.

James.