[csw-users] Kicad app broke with upgrade pkg-get -Uu

Paul Gress pgress at optonline.net
Mon Jul 6 18:22:33 CEST 2009

William Bonnet wrote:
> Hi
>
>> That was speedy,
> Thanks :)
>
> BTW the problem is not directly related to kicad. I did a fresh
> install in a VM about an hor ago, and the link problem does not exist.
> We will look more deeply to this issue. Thanks for reporting it.

OK, I didn't fully report what was observed.  Everything I reported in
the past was correct.  It's just Kicad lost more libraries:

$ ldd /opt/csw/bin/kicad |grep not
    libX11.so.6 =>     (file not found)
    libxcb-xlib.so.0 =>     (file not found)
    libxcb.so.1 =>     (file not found)
    libX11.so.6 =>     (file not found)
    libxcb-xlib.so.0 =>     (file not found)
    libxcb.so.1 =>     (file not found)
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PATH:/opt/csw/X11/lib
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
$ ldd /opt/csw/bin/kicad |grep not
    libxcb-xlib.so.0 =>     (file not found)
    libxcb-xlib.so.0 =>     (file not found)

So I was able to restore some libraries using LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  But for
CSW libs, I shouldn't have to do that, unless in the past these missing
libraries were supplied by SXCE.  I am now on SXCE 117, the last time I
opened up Kicad was around SXCE 114 or 115.

Paul