[csw-users] Apache2 httpd?

Chris Bellomy chris at goodshow.net
Tue Jul 7 21:19:41 CEST 2009

On Jul 7, 2009, at 2:12 PM, James Lee wrote:

> On 07/07/09, 20:04:42, Chris Bellomy <chris at goodshow.net> wrote
> regarding
> [csw-users] Apache2 httpd?:
>
>> I must be missing the most obvious thing ever... but CSWapache2c
>> seems to missing the httpd binary itself. I've searched the package
>> repository for it (httpd appears only in apache 1.3), I've searched
>> my filesystem after installing the CSWapache2 group of packages,
>> but I have found nothing.
>
> CSWapache2c is the core only.  Install apache2 and it will install
> CSWap2prefork as a dependency which has httpd.prefork.  If you want
> the multithreaded httpd.worker then install ap2_worker after (over)
> the prefork.

Aha. Somehow the package was cataloged as installed when
in fact it was not. I ran pkgrm CSWap2prefork and then
pkg-get install ap2_prefork -- and the files then were
properly installed.

This box has had some zone gymnastics done with it in
the past, I suspect that was at the heart of the problem.

Thanks,

cb