[csw-users] problem with php5

pjama pjama at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jul 17 09:18:13 CEST 2009

----------------original message-----------------
From: "Mike Watters" mwatters at opencsw.org
To: "questions and discussions" users at lists.opencsw.org
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:56:05 -0500

 > > going through the thread you posted earlier, it seems that for some
reason you
 > > can not open the file. try adding the path to the "missing" files
in your
 > > php.ini file include_path and see what happens.

Hmmm.... in all the various incarnations of php.ini I've had,
include_path has been commented out and I'm not sure if it could or
should be included in any .htaccess file but there's no mention of it in
the .htacces file in the top directory of egroupware. Which brings me
to: I assume if it's not set then it reverts to some sort of default.
Any idea what that is?

The file it can't stat is in one of the many "inc" directories... should
I include all of these?
bash-3.00# find egroupware/ -name inc
egroupware/importexport/inc
egroupware/felamimail/inc
egroupware/wiki/inc
egroupware/phpgwapi/inc
egroupware/polls/inc
egroupware/timesheet/inc
egroupware/sitemgr/sitemgr-pjama/inc
egroupware/sitemgr/inc
egroupware/sitemgr/sitemgr-site/inc
egroupware/sitemgr/modules/sitemgr_module_guestbook/inc
egroupware/phpsysinfo/inc
egroupware/developer_tools/inc
egroupware/manual/inc
egroupware/bookmarks/inc
egroupware/preferences/inc
egroupware/mydms/inc
egroupware/projectmanager/inc
egroupware/tracker/inc
egroupware/gallery/inc
egroupware/resources/inc
egroupware/home/inc
egroupware/sambaadmin/inc
egroupware/icalsrv/inc
egroupware/syncml/inc
egroupware/notifications/inc
egroupware/infolog/inc
egroupware/phpbrain/inc
egroupware/etemplate/inc
egroupware/etemplate/doc/et_media/inc
egroupware/setup/inc
egroupware/registration/inc
egroupware/emailadmin/inc
egroupware/addressbook/inc
egroupware/admin/inc
egroupware/filemanager/inc
egroupware/news_admin/inc
egroupware/calendar/inc
bash-3.00#

 > > in that thread, you mention you are using a CVS snapshot and
patches... can
 > > you try to use the latest / greatest "release"

The egroupware developer has said:
(http://www.nabble.com/egroupware-edits-broken-after-migration-tt24407308s3741.html#a24457517)
"The stock 1.6.001 package from November last year, might not be working
with 5.2.9. The daily snapshot (www.egroupware.org/download) definitely  s."

I've tried all three (previously used and known working(with php5.2.4)
snapshot, current snapshot and latest stable 1.6.001) all with the same
previously stated problem.

 > > I am trying to reproduce the problem but I am using a sparc solaris
   9 machine.
 > > I have access to a sparc sol10, I will try to get it loaded on
there and try to
 > > reproduce there next week.

So it's working on the Solaris 9 SPARC machine? Ihsan has it working as
well. I wonder what his platform is?
Note that my problem is not with egroupware genereally but when I try
and edit an existing (can be newly created) item. eg calendar item or
addressbook item.

Thanks

believed to be clean.