[csw-users] GCC errors when installing ruby gems

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 17 15:55:18 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Chris May's message of Wed Jul 15 05:22:17 -0400 2009:

Hi Chris,

> A bit more context that might be useful/relevant. This is a 32-bit x86
> install of the OS, running inside a VirtualBox VM. All my previous
> (successful) installs have been on 64-bit, non-virtualised x86 (AMD)
> platforms.

I've verified your error in a KVM sol10u7/32bit environment.  I
_think_ it's a gcc issue, but I'm not positive yet.  I'll do more
digging and see if I can come up with a solution.  In the mean time,
could you file an official bug report against rubydev (for now).

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.