[csw-users] major change in berkeley packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Jul 27 23:27:31 CEST 2009

This is an important announcement to opencsw users, who use our berkeleydb
packages.

Please be advised that we are making a MAJOR CHANGE to the way we handle
berkeleydb packages.

in the past, we have had many split up versions of berkeleydb4.
specifically, 4.2, 4.3, and 4.4, all separately.

>From here on in, we plan to to consolidate bdb 4.x use, into a single
bdb4.x library.
Upgrades of our packages, should pull in these changes.

There is also a minor change in the bdb 3.x package, that does not
affect the shared libraries there at all.

In theory, this should be a transparent operation for everyone, but we
wished to advise people of this issue, in case you wished to do additional
testing, before rolling out the updates more widely in your network.

Thank you for your attention, and we hope this makes for a nice improvement
to our "customers" :-)