[csw-users] NRPE 2009-06-18 / 2009-05-17 incompatibility

Juergen Arndt ja at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 22 12:02:36 CEST 2009

Hi Chris,

> [ID 261363 daemon.error] Error: Request packet had invalid CRC32.
> [ID 900267 daemon.error] Client request was invalid, bailing out...
>
> and the client would report
>
> CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes from daemon.  Check the remote server
> logs for error messages.
>
> Boxes running 06-18 could communicate with each other fine, though, as
> could all the others

due to several user requests I recompiled the the NRPE packages, so that
agent and plugin can send / receive network packets with a size of 8 kB.
Obviously this not compatible to former versions.

As a quick workaround I could send you packages compiled for a packet size
of 1 kB (as it was in the version 2009-05-17).

Greetings,

Juergen

--
Juergen Arndt