[csw-users] Python 2.6 and mod_python

Rob Stampfli res at colnet.cmhnet.org
Fri Mar 6 05:58:17 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 05:37:32PM -0600, Mike Watters wrote:
> unless I receive negative feed back:
> I plan to release the "fixed" python 2.6 packages as well as mod_python next week.
>
> the changes from the current version are:  forced architecture to be v8
> fixed python-config --ldflags  to include -L and -R flags correctly.
>
> mod_python is just a recompile against the new python

Tonight I downloaded the
python-2.6.1,REV=2009.03.02-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
package from the opencsw.org buildfarm and installed it on my
little LX, a sparcv8 machine.  The poor LX still hasn't figured
out what's hit it, but it seems to be working its way through
the test subdirectory, so far, without incident.  So, the
rebuild is looking good to me.

Didn't download or test the modpython or python_tk packages.

Thanks for fixing this, Mike, and for your continuing role in
supporting us opencsw users!

Rob