[csw-users] Question about dependencies

Juergen Arndt ja at baltic-online.de
Thu Mar 12 19:57:10 CET 2009

Hi all,

I ran into the following situation: I want to package an application which
depends on PHP. But for PHP exist different packages for different version
of the Apache web server and of course it is not known, which version the
end user has running. Additionaly the end user could have installed PHP
manually or he has a different web server or ... .

So, how could I handle that? Should my package depend on PHP or not? Maybe
it's ok to print out a short message, that the user has to make sure, that
PHP is installed and maybe a zlib extension too and so on?

Juergen

--
Juergen Arndt