[csw-users] New packages for nagios, nrpe, nsca and the nagios plugins released

Junhao solaris at jmarki.net
Sun Mar 22 15:17:06 CET 2009

Juergen Arndt wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 08:27:37 +0100, Junhao <solaris at jmarki.net> wrote:
>
>> There may be three problems with the CSWnrpe installation
>>
>> 1) it somehow overwrote my existing nrpe.cfg file at
>> /opt/csw/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg. Not sure how that happened.
>
> I cannot reproduce this, strange. In fact, the package doesn't create
> such a file.
>
>> 2) the nrpe binary is at /opt/csw/bin/nrpe, but the manifest script
>> looks at /opt/csw/nagios/bin/nrpe (filed as bug #3478)
>
> Bug is confirmed and the issue is fixed. Please try out the nrpe
> packages in testing.
>
>> 3) the nrpe.cfg configuration file is installed in
>> /opt/csw/etc/nrpe.cfg, but the manifest script does not look there.
>> Should this be filed?
>
> Not necessary in my opinion. I corrected that in the current testing
> package.
>
> If the testing package is working well (at least on my installation it
> does), I will release it. Please give me note.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Juergen

NRPE package in testing is working fine now. =)

Just noticed something interesting:

shell$ pkg-get -c

nagios_plugins   1.4.13,REV=2009.03.20   SAME
nagiosp          1.4.13,REV=2009.03.20   1.4.11,REV=2008.01.05

Not sure what's the cause, maybe it's a transition side effect from the
ibiblio.org catalogue

Regards,
Junhao