[csw-users] A build for review: rxvt-unicode

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 22 22:56:30 CET 2009

Hi Maciej,

Am 22.03.2009 um 22:52 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Dagobert Michelsen
> <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>> but then there's also the continuous integration (hudson)
>>> page, which suggests there's an automatic framework which builds
>>> packages. What's the current procedure of building a package?
>>
>> You are urged to build the package on the buildfarm and GAR is
>> highly recommended. The Hudson installation is experimental,
>> feel free to ask here or Trygve Laugstøl directly as he is
>> the Hudson maintainer of the farm.
>
> I would be interesting to learn how to use it. I really like the idea.
>
> In the meantime, I built rxvt-unicode using GAR on the farm,
> everything was jolly and good. By the way - is there a known way to
> build all 4 packages (build{8,10}{s,x}) at the same time?

This is currently not possible as some directories in GAR overlap
between sparc and x86. You need to build sparc only on Solaris 8.
The package for x86 is usually a combined package containing files
from Solaris 8 x86 and 64-bit components from Solaris 10 and must
therefore always be built sequentially.

Building multiple ISAs of one package at the same time is an
ineteresting idea but some more time away.