[csw-users] Solaris port of vixie-cron - a GAR build for review

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski blizinski at google.com
Mon Mar 23 19:29:27 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Maciej,
>
> Am 13.03.2009 um 17:25 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
>>
>> I would like to offer a GAR build of vixie-cron.
>
> Did you ever found the time to commit it?

I committed the code I have at the moment; it needs more work.
Specifically -- SMF support. I wanted to use builtin mGAR SMF support,
but it's not finish yet, and the package doesn't build[1]. I was able
to create a package by tweaking some GAR code, but the resulting
package works only with the global zone.

Since we're at it, there are at least 3 packages replacing existing
daemons: printing, syslog and cron. How about having mGAR support a
parameter denoting, which other SMF service should be disabled before
enabling the one being installed?

Maciej

[1] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2675276&group_id=229205&atid=1075770