[csw-users] Versions of git

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 26 14:18:54 CET 2009

Excerpts from Nicolai Schwindt's message of Thu Mar 26 06:14:53 -0400 2009:

Hi Nicolai,

I apologize for this issue...I wasn't even aware of it until I saw
your post here.  I recently (between the 1.6.0.5 and 1.6.2.1 release)
converted the build description from using static files to dynamically
generated ones (GAR gspec).  I must have changed the name without
realizing it...as all my machines were updated by hand, I didn't bump
into it myself.

...so, for any other git users out there, I'd suggest doing a manual
pkgrm on CSWgit_svn CSWgit_cvs CSWgit_doc CSWgit_emacs CSWgit_gui,
etc...any of the packages that had _ in the name.  You should then be
able to add back the new packages without problem.

If you've already updated to the new versions, which will see you have
(for example) gitcvs and git_cvs installed, I'd remove both and then
re-add gitcvs.  Lather rinse, repeat with any other _ versions you've got.

I apologize for this.  As I mentioned, it was not intentional.  Sorry
for any wasted cycles.

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.