[csw-users] Are you having problems with DHCP 4.1?

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 30 16:45:55 CEST 2009

There seems to be problems with the new DHCP package and it's not just
our package or even Solaris but it also happens on other OS:es. So far
ISC has not released an update.

The problem is that some can't get it to work even though the same
configuration (hw/sw) work with the old 3.1 package. I've heard from a
few of you with problems but myself and a couple of others have it
working with no problems.

For those of you having problems I have dropped the old 3.1 package
into testing so you can easily downgrade manually until this is
resolved. It would be great if you could let me know what system and
interface you're using DHCP on, maybe we can understand why it works
for some and not for others.

http://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=3464

http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/dhcp-3.1.0,REV=2007.10.29-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/dhcp-3.1.0,REV=2007.10.29-SunOS5.8-i386-CSW.pkg.gz