[csw-users] feedback on pkg-get behaviour change requested

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed May 20 19:29:52 CEST 2009

Hello csw users,

I am asking for feedback, on a potential change to pkg-get behaviour I am
thinking of making.

Currently, there are two modes of "compare package versions" output:

pkg-get -c -a
pkg-get -c

The first one compares versions for all packages found in the catalog.
The second one compares versions on "packages that are installed".
If versions are found to be the same, it prints out "SAME".

I am considering altering the behavior of "pkg-get -c", so that it
only prints out installed packages, that have DIFFERENT versions in the
catalog.

This is changing very long-standing behaviour of pkg-get, so I thought I
would request feedback from users, before making such a change.