[csw-users] I don't know what pkg or pkgs are broken....

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Sun May 31 06:21:19 CEST 2009

Regarding possible hanging services which are interfering with a system halt,
the only things runing on my system appear to be:

	svc:/network/cswfetchmail:default
	svc:/system/cswdbus:default

When I try (as root) to disable these two services manually, sendmail is
immediately disabled, but after issuing:

	% svcadm disable system/cswdbus:default

I find that it is still enabled and in a "transition" state which is what
the "*" indicates according to the manpage.

	% svcs -a | grep dbus
	online*        21:05:44 svc:/system/cswdbus:default

	% svcs -x system/cswdbus:default
	svc:/system/cswdbus:default (?)
	 State: online since Sat May 30 21:05:44 2009
	    See: /var/svc/log/system-cswdbus:default.log
	Impact: None.

I also find the following messages in the log file.  I do not know if this is
important or not:

	/var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswdbus: smf_is_nonglobalzone: not found

So, is the inability to disable this service expected or a problem and does
anyone think this service may be responsible for the failure to halt the
system?

I know that there have been dbus problems in the past.

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040