[csw-users] apache2 / mod_perl2 / oracle

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 6 02:25:49 CET 2009

Excerpts from Dewey Hylton's message of Thu Nov 05 19:13:28 -0500 2009:

> reason the perl cgis are not getting ORACLE_HOME and other variables
> passed and are failing to connect with oracle for that reason. i think
> it's an apache config issue, but have yet to find it. i'd still rather
> use apache2 and not have to rewrite so much of the config.

I just updated a box running solaris 8 with an old apache + oracle
setup to solaris 10.  I had to use the following two commands to get
some of the final oracle bits in place:

svccfg -s svc:/network/cswapache2:default setenv ORACLE_SID \*
svccfg -s svc:/network/cswapache2:default setenv ORACLE_HOME /homes/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/

The ORACLE_SID bit was important in my environment, but I'm not sure
if it's globally required or not.  Oracle is a black box to me that
our 'seer' (dba) deals with.

HTH.
-Ben

--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.