[csw-users] pkgutil: Loop protection limit hit ... cyclic catalog dependency

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 10 16:43:56 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Gerard Henry <ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr> wrote:
> youre are lucky than i:
> calypso-root% /opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -u evince
> Checking catalog integrity with gpg.
> Parsing catalog, may take a while...
> Loop protection limit (100000) hit. There's probably a cyclic dependency
> in the catalog.

I just tested with evince and it took 130456 iterations to solve the
dependencies (88 packages). Please raise to something like 250000.
It's not a bad thing having a high number, it just takes a little
longer for pkgutil to bail if there really is a cyclic dependency.
Apparently I set the default too low for some of you with many complex
packages since it seems to cause false positives.

I will bump it up for the next release. We're also working on tuning
the algorithm to save iterations but it's a work in progress.

--
/peter